Together in the harvest
Over the coming weeks, many people in the northern hemisphere will be celebrating Harvest. It’s a time to give thanks for the blessing of the harvest and, for Christians, a reminder of all the good gifts that God has given.
Food security is a point of intersection for many issues around poverty and environmental protection. For this reason, several of A Rocha’s teams work within communities to learn together how to provide food for their families while protecting the integrity of the land and its biodiversity.
How can you join in the thanksgiving this Harvest?
- Consider supporting A Rocha’s sustainable farming projects through our special Harvest appeal.
- Encourage your church to invest in a community in Kenya or Uganda by purchasing a Gift with a Difference.
- Read and reflect on ‘A Harvest for the world’ by Dave Bookless on the Planetwise blog.
- Use materials from the ‘Just Food’ Environment Resource Pack in your church or Bible study group.
- Listen to/download Together in the Harvest, the latest album produced by our Nashville A Rocha group.
- Give thanks for the harvest in your own context:
‘You walked us through the wilderness
Established us like cedar trees
Forgive us our forgetfulness
Oh Lord, You have been good to me.’
(Taken from Together in the Harvest, Sandra McCracken)