The Kenyan team welcomes one or two general volunteers at a time. It is also looking for specific volunteers in the following areas:
- ‘handyman’ or DIY skills, including carpentry, cement work, electrical installation and vehicle mechanics
- Artist – sketching wildlife and illustrating books / environmental education material
- Environmental interpretation board designer for our Ecotourism facility at Gede Ruins
- IT (Information Technology) – both hardware and software; a competent knowledge of networks would be invaluable
- GIS expertise
- A graphic designer for a range of projects including website to brochures, books and training materials.
Volunteers would usually come for a period of 4-12 weeks and would be based at the field study centre, Mwamba, on the coast at Watamu.
Costs: approximately $37 US per day for guests and $15 US per day for volunteers, including all three meals.
To apply, please fill out our volunteer application form.
Note: the security advice for the Kenyan coast has been in flux recently. Please check with your travel insurance provider to confirm cover. The British Foreign Commonwealth Office issues travel advice for UK residents at www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/kenya. Any decision to travel is the responsibility of the traveller.